Suspected serial rapist to appear in Cape Town court
JOHANNESBURG – A 24-year-old man is expected to appear in the Khayelitsha Magistrate’s Court on Friday, in connection with the rape of five girls between the ages of 10 and 18.
Western Cape police spokesperson Captain FC van Wyk said the man had been on the run from police since 2011.
“Between September 2011 and August 2012 a total of five girls between the ages of 10 and 18 were raped and robbed of cellular telephones and money in the Harare, Khayelitsha area. The suspect in all the above mentioned cases was linked with DNA matches,” he said in a statement on Thursday.
“His modus operandi was to follow the victims early in the morning as they were walking to school and threaten them with a knife. He robbed them of their belongings and took the victim to a deserted area nearby and raped the victim.”
A warrant of arrest was authorised and on Wednesday, and he was arrested in Stutterheim, in the Eastern Cape.
Africa News Agency